Sunday, March 15, 2009

Don't take everything for granted

What is the meaning of ‘take it for granted’? Based on www.thefreedictionary.com : to believe that something is true without first thinking about it or making sure that it is true (usually + that).

This attitude applied by some of my colleagues or subordinates has been killing me. They received a report from someone else…..and just took it for granted. No checking, no analytical thinking, no curiosity, no nothing!!! They just took it and assumed that all of it was already OK.

If I told them to explore more… to look for something I thought illogical, they asked someone else and took the answer for granted. Again: no logical testing, no further crosschecking, not bother to look for evidence, NOTHING!!! They just assumed that the answer was already satisfactory.

No wonder if I just take it for granted that they are incapable. And I intend to continue thinking that way until they show me that they just don’t take everything for granted.

6 comments:

  1. how bout trust and credibility?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kopi : Well... sure we may have trust to others due to their credibility. But in our job, I think trust is overrated, especially in a job which related to financial statements... Sure now you do know what I do for living.. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i git it !
    KPK khan...huehueuhuehhueheuhuehheheehhh
    salam kenal, Mbak...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... bener juga ya... KPK juga punya nature of work seperti itu.. :-p

    Salam kenal juga, Mas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, you guys already met each other
    Audi, meet Kocin. Another damaged brain I found in the net.
    Kocin, meet Audi. I don't know her brain condition, no body allowed to enter. Heavily firewalled
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pengen 'ngintip' isi kepalanya Kocin... tapi tiap masuk ke blog nya, selalu ga ada tulisan apa apa...Gimana caranya sih??? *gaptek mode*

    ReplyDelete